Penne pasta with garlic, chilli and basil is another one to add to the quick and delicious list!
So easy to make and can be in your mouth in less than half an hour. I love dishes like these because time can get the better of me with four kids! Especially when the weather is nice and we’re out and about. The last thing I want to do is cook!
So let’s get cooking!
Penne x 250 g
Basil x 25 g (roughly a handful)
Garlic x 4 cloves, chopped into small pieces.
Chilli is optional and it’s up to you how hot you want it. I cut up two for my share 😊
Chopped tomatoes x 1 can
Extra virgin olive oil x 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper
- First you need to boil some water in a pot to cook your pasta. Bring it to boil first before adding the pasta, then add some salt.
- Cook this for about 6 minutes so it's “al dente.” Try a piece to make sure it's not crunchy. If it is, leave it in a little longer then check again.
- Once the pasta is in the pot of water you can start on your sauce.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to a deep pan to heat it up.
- Throw in the chopped garlic and cook until it's slightly brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes, bring it boil then turn it down to simmer.
- Sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
While the pan starts to boil I crush down on the tomatoes to get a thicker paste.
- Now add the basil leaves, stir it through then turn off the heat.
And now you have your penne pasta with garlic, chilli and basil. Enjoy!
Please feel free to share my recipes with your friends.
Looking for another Italian flavour? Try my very popular Bruschetta recipe!