Have you ever wondered what it'd be like to work from home? I can easily say nearly all mums would prefer to work from home if they had the chance. And I get it, it's hard juggling work and family.
On one hand we have mums (like I did) who work night shifts so they can be home during the day for school runs and after school activities. And on the other, mums who work business hours only to fork out huge amounts of money for day care fees!
Some of you may find it hard to get work locally and is absolutely fed up with the commute, wasting time when you could be home with your family.
Whatever the category you're in, now is the time to stop thinking and start doing!
In this fast-paced world of technology, it's never been easier to work from home. To give you some examples, I have sort out the highest paying and rewarding jobs for mums who want to work from home. Or for those who are already home and want to earn some extra money.
top 5 jobs for Stay-at-home mums
1. StaRT a blog
If you're serious about working from home, then blogging is a great way to earn money online. Not to mention the freedom you have to stop when little ones are calling!
Blogging can be very lucrative if you do it right. It's all about creativity and creating good content that is helpful to your readers.
ideas to make money blogging
- Sign up with affiliate networks like shareasale.com“>ShareASale or Awin. They have thousands of businesses for you to work with and promote and in return, make a commission on those sales.
- You can easily apply for Google AdSense. There is no minimum page view requirement and once approved, Google will place relevant ads on your blog and throughout your posts.
- What is your profession? You can base your blog around that and get paid for your services.
- Or you can sell eBooks and online courses once you've built trust with your readers.
2. teach english online
Teaching English as a second language is in high demand and can be fun and rewarding at the same time. You can schedule your lessons around your daily routine and work as little or as much as you like.
a few companies hiring are
- VIPKID is a North American based company with teachers who teach English to kids in China. You need to have at least a bachelor's degree to qualify while teaching a 1-on-1 class. Teachers can expect to earn $14-$22 per hour.
- SayABC is headquartered in Beijing and is an online English learning platform. Although you do need to have a bachelor's degree, they will hire people in the last year of their degree. They are currently hiring teachers from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. Teachers can earn $21 USD, £16, €18, $28 CAN, $29 AUD, $31 NZD per 40-minute class.
3. virtual assistant
There are virtual assistant jobs for all types of businesses! The tasks vary from place to place but mostly the job requires contacting clients and sending emails. If you're good with social media you can be a virtual assistant for a blogger. They may want you to create posts on Instagram or pins for Pinterest and maybe edit some older posts to keep it up to date.
A few examples of where can find this job is through Flex Jobs and People Per Hour. PayScale averaged virtual assistants jobs at just over $15USD per hour and there are cases where you can make up to $40USD!
You can also approach the blog personally and offer them your services. It doesn't hurt to ask and even if they're not hiring, they might keep you in mind for when they are. It takes a lot of courage and initiative and that's definitely the type of person I would want if I ever need a virtual assistant!
4. freelance writing online
Freelance writing is a great opportunity to make money online. The best thing is, you don't need to have any experience at all! A great way to get started with freelance writing is to start a blog. Blogs are so easy and affordable to start and is something that shows your writing and personality to your potential client.
If you are interested in freelance writing, then this blog post from Elna Cain is a MUST read. It is packed with information and great tips and will have you landing a job in no time!
5. Transcription Jobs
This job would probably be the easiest work from home jobs on my list. All you need is a computer, a reliable internet connection and then be able to transcribe audio and video. That's it!
The most popular transcribing company to join is TranscribeMe. They come highly recommended by The Penny Hoarder and Woman's Day and offer the highest pay at $15-$22 per audio hour. If you are specialized in medical or legal then you are paid at a higher rate!
As you can see, the jobs that I suggested can easily be done on your own time and around your family's schedule. The flexibility of these jobs is the perfect balance of work and family life!
If you found this helpful, please share it!